Grundfos acquires German pump manufacturer

With effect from 1 January 2004 Grundfos Group, whose main office is situated in Denmark, has taken over 94% of the shares in the German-based pump manufacturing group Hilge. With the takeover Grundfos expands its product portfolio and hopes to achieve a synergy effect in sales. The foundation Stiftung Berdelle – Hilge owns the remaining 6% of the shares. Two family businesses of proud traditions have thus come together. While Grundfos develops and manufactures pumps for nearly any purpose within the field of fluid transportation, Hilge specialises in pumps that meet the strict hygienic requirements of breweries and the dairy, food and pharmaceutical industries. The products of the two companies will not be competing with each other. On the contrary, Grundfos Executive Vice President Søren Ø. Sørensen considers Hilge’s stainless-steel pumps to be a valuable addition to the group’s own product range.

Previous articleAlstom wins UK Nox reduction order
Next articleIndian refineries capacity to be raised